Incumbent purchases materials and/or services in accordance with Purchasing Department procedures and internal controls.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Interfaces at all levels with vendors. Solicits quotations, negotiates service contracts, prices, terms, delivery, quality and service.
- Evaluates and selects suppliers based upon price, quality, availability, reliability and selection of materials/services.
- Interfaces internally with employees and co-workers to determine exactness of materials/services.
- Maintains current knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures, quotations, negotiations, contracts, different types of purchase orders, vendor confidentiality, etc.
- Exercises high level of analysis, problem-solving, decision-making and prioritization on a daily basis.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of materials and sources of supply.