This individual is responsible for accurate maintenance of the fixed asset records and systems and for the execution of the accounting,
reporting and analysis functions related to recurring capital and development/construction projects.
· Ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting of projects to management
· Ensure that all invoices have proper supporting documentation including, but not limited to budget vs. actual E-builder reports,
signed contracts and/or change orders and sales tax calculation detail.
· Set up projects for approved capital expenditures and IT projects with proper controls and accurate budgets within Lawson.
· Prepare quarterly and year-end external audit reports as well as provide documentation and support needed for testing
throughout the year.
· Support and provide documentation for sales tax audits throughout the year
· Prepare reconciliation of the trial balance to asset manager by café, by account on a monthly basis.
· Prepare reconciliation of 98 (shadow accounting) units for both statutory and US GAAP purposes.
· Review all project, planned work (both capital and expense) and IT capital invoices for proper conformance to Hard Rock
capitalization policy, approvals per the Delegation of Authority, and proper sales/use tax.
· Perform monthly close process for asset management in Lawson
· Perform monthly depreciation calculation for both tax and book purposes in Lawson.
· Reconcile and track company-wide roll-out projects to ensure accuracy, completeness and proper tax accruals.
· Run monthly reporting by company and legal entity for both tax and book use.
· Ensure that all assets are placed into service in a timely manner with proper asset lives and depreciation methods.
· Communicate with tax department to ensure that any changes in sales tax rates and tax depreciation lives are implemented.
· Provide support for all statutory audit requests outside the US.
· Ensure that company cafes outside the US are provided asset detail and supporting documentation that is accurate in a timely
· Ensure that E-builder reports are obtained on a bi-weekly basis from project development.
· Ensure that all disposals are identified in a timely manner and have proper approvals.
· Ensure that all asset support and documentation is organized and filed on a timely basis.
· Update impairment listing and café remaining lease lives on an annual basis
· Perform monthly reconciliations of the AC471 reports to the Lawson general ledger
· Provide ad hoc reporting and support for various requests as needed.
· Provide back up support for Accounts Payable vendor set ups when the main contact is out of the office.
· Coordinate operations between departments.
· Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners and investors.
· Attend client functions and designated parties to provide support, ensure guest satisfaction and promote future business.
· Build business/market share by thinking of new ways to promote company and by participating in local events to increase sales
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with in the business and social community.
· Actively participate in annual philanthropic initiatives.
· Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away Guest expectations.
· Maintain high morale.
· Operate ethically to protect the image of Hard Rock.
· Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
· Understanding the Business – Functional/Technical Skills; Technical Learning; Drive for Results
· Making Complex Decisions – Learning on the Fly; Problem Solving
· Getting Organized – Time Management; Priority Setting; Action Oriented
· Managing Work Processes – Process Management
· Communicating Effectively – Written Communication
· Managing Diverse Relationships – Comfort Around Higher Management
· Acting with Honor and Character – Ethics & Values; Integrity & Trust
· Being Open and Receptive - Composure
· B.A., B.S., Accounting or Finance, a plus
· 2+ years experience
· Fundamental understanding of GAAP
· Working knowledge of Lawson Financial System with emphasis on Fixed Asset Management modules.
· Must possess strong organization skis and attention to detail/
· Must possess effective communication skills.
· Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
· Ability to move throughout the corporate office, and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended
periods of time.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
· Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
· Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
· Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
· Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
· Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
· Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
· Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.