This position is responsible for the completion of all North America and additional jurisdictional income tax filing obligations and related
financial statement support.
· Tax Reporting: Preparation of annual & quarterly income tax provision (ASC740)
o Focus on domestic component of the worldwide tax provision
o Including maintenance of cumulative deferred tax records & tax attributes, preparation of income tax footnotes
for financial statements, reconciliation of tax return differences, and calculation of deferred tax asset/liability,
valuation allowance considerations and FIN 48 analysis.
· Tax Compliance: Preparation of U.S. Federal/State corporate and partnership income tax returns and related extensions and
quarterly estimated tax payments. Compliance will include non-U.S. jurisdictions including Canada, Dominican Republic, US
· Tax Examination Management: Review and analysis of proposed audit adjustments, preparation of protests for any disputed
adjustments and/or negotiation of audit settlements. Respond to Federal/State auditor information/documentation requests.
· Accounting: Foreign Withholding certificate documentation maintenance, Transfer Pricing related matters and
maintenance/reconciliation of tax accounts within the company’s general ledger.
· Coordinate operations between departments.
· Teach/coach and document employees who fail to meet standards to maintain a high quality workforce.
· Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners and investors.
· Attend client functions and designated parties to provide support, ensure guest satisfaction and promote future business.
· Build business/market share by thinking of new ways to promote company and by participating in local events to increase sales
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with in the business and social community.
· Spearhead annual philanthropic initiatives.
· Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away Guest expectations.
· Maintain low staff turnover rate and high morale.
· Operate ethically to protect the image of Hard Rock.
· Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
· Understanding the Business – Functional/Technical Skills; Drive for Results
· Making Complex Decisions – Decision Quality; Learning on the Fly; Problem Solving
· Creating New and Different – Dealing with Ambiguity; Perseverance
· Getting Organized – Time Management; Priority Setting; Action Oriented
· Managing Work Processes – Process Management
· Communicating Effectively – Written Communication
· Acting with Honor and Character – Ethics & Values; Integrity & Trust
· Being Open and Receptive - Composure
· B.A., B.S., Accounting/Finance
· A minimum of 7 years of related diversified tax experience in a large corporation and/or public accounting firm
· CPA Designation
· Working knowledge of ASC740 and U.S. GAAP
· Excellent communication skills
· Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel)
· Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
· Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of
· Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
· Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended
periods of time.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
· Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
· Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
· Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
· Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
· Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
· Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
· Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.