Minimum (Education, Experience, Attributes & Travel)
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience as an Area or Regional Director of Sales for a brand or hotel.
- Must have a bachelor's degree, preferably in hospitality management from an accredited institution.
- Deep understanding of lifestyle hotels, special events.
- Travel throughout respective region/territory for client solicitation, meetings and/or presentations required.
- Travel to key local, regional and/or global industry tradeshows required.
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
Skills ( Language, Mathematical, Technical & Reasoning)
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required.
- Must be able to read, write and cummunicate in Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning using algebra, geometry, statistics, or abstract symbols.
- Use logic to define problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations.
- Excellent computer skills including Delphi and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to travel on planes, trains, automobiles, etc. (standing, walking, kneeling, bending, sitting) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Ability to obtain impressions through the eyes.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, and loud/noisy environment.