The Corporate Payroll Controller is responsible for providing operational and strategic direction for a large enterprise wide payroll department with a strong ability to foster relationships at all levels by establishing and working collaboratively with other teams and HR business partners. Role is responsible to support new and existing pay programs and systems initiatives, compliance with payroll tax regulations and wage and labor laws, and to drive continuous process improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accountable for the financial integrity of the payroll process.
- Develops, implements, and monitors processes to ensure consistent high quality, accurate, and efficient payroll processes.
- Stays current in payroll and payroll tax laws and requirements
- Maintains ongoing development of policies and programs and bring in best practices to offer the most accurate, legally compliant and efficient payroll processes.
- Establishes and implements systems to conduct regulatory and compliance audits. Key lead to work with IT to develop, test and roll out new systems and upgrade of existing systems.
- Lead and develop the payroll team and facilitate the weekly payroll process.
- 941 preparation and reconciliation, W2 ongoing review validation testing
- Full understanding of how payroll impacts the balance sheet, and payroll account reconciliations
- Identify opportunities for improvement and takes the lead in advocating payroll operational priorities.
- Analyze complex pay transactions, identify issues that exist and work with various internal operational teams to identify root cause of payroll system issues, assess risk and implement mitigation plans to minimize or eliminate future occurrence.
- Establish and sustain strong on-going collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Provide clear and consistent communication of key business priorities and project status of major initiatives.
- Manages direct report staff to complete projects according to program objectives and key performance indicators.
- Manage a high degree of change in a fast paced, complex, and demanding environment.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting and provide analytics and key business metrics.